2 Avocados deseeded (a little firm to the touch)
1 Jalapeno sliced and de-seeded
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Shallot julienned
2 Tbsp Ginger shredded
¼ Cup Arla Original Cream Cheese Spread
1 Tsp salt
2 Cups coconut water
1 Tbsp Almonds whole (To put in soup)
1 Tbsp Pistachios shelled (To put in soup)
1.5 Cup water
1 Tsp taco seasoning
Cilantro for garnish
1 Tbsp almonds and pistachios For Garnish
½ Lime Freshly squeezed
- In a blender, add the avocado
- Add the jalapeno
- Add the salt
- Add the coconut water
- Add the nuts and a few sprigs of cilantro
- Add the Arla Cream Cheese
- Blend until it’s very smooooooooth. Set aside
- In a small pan, add the oil and heat it on medium for 20 seconds
- Add the shallots and let them brown
- Add the ginger and stir
- After 30 seconds, reduce heat to as low as it will go
- Slowly add the avocado mixture to it
- Add the water and taco seasoning. Mix well
- Heat on low for about 3-5 minutes. When you start seeing the bubbles “burping”, turn off the heat
- Transfer to a soup bowl and serve immediately
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or shortening
1 lb boneless beef chuck, tip or round roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
3 cups water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large unpeeled potato, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small onion, chopped (1/4 cup)
1 teaspoon salt
1 dried bay leaf
1/2 Cup cold water
2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- In 12-inch skillet or 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes. Add beef; cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown on all sides.
- Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 2 hours to 2 hours 30 minutes or until beef is almost tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cold water and flour. Cover; cook about 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf.
- In tightly covered jar or container, shake cold water and flour; gradually stir into beef mixture. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute until thickened.
Black Bean & Salsa Soup
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed
¾ cup vegetable broth
½ cup salsa SAVE $
½ teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons sour cream SAVE $
1 tablespoon sliced green onions
1.In food processor bowl with metal blade or blender container, combine beans, broth, salsa and cumin. Process 1 minute or until smooth.
2.Heat bean mixture in medium saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
3.Top individual servings with 1 tablespoon sour cream; swirl gently. Sprinkle with onions.